Thursday, April 8, 2010

I want to get away... and make a difference

I need to get out of where I am... at least for a little while. I need a change and I need to do something really positive with my life.
After tonight I really just want to go to Haiti with Nailah and Jean. I want to rebuild JANBE with them, I want to get my hands dirty and get back to work and do it for people who deserve. I want to make bagged lunches for them and donate dance clothes to them and watch them dance... I REALLY REALLY want to rebuild their studio, help it grow.
I know Haiti isn't the safest place... and I do not speak one word of french outside of the ballet dictionary... but I want that feeling back that I had when I was in New Orleans... JANBE is like a refuge, a safehaven, a home for so many of these students... They need to have it this summer, and I want to make it happen...
gaaaaaaaahhh send me on the next plane out with my hardhelmet and workboots...

No comments:

Post a Comment