Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I have amazing thoughts in the shower.



So I was thinking... I ponder a lot when I'm in the shower. I feel like its my only place to think... and for some reason this is what I thought about....
Dancers and their technique.
I think its because I had auditions for Synergy show tonight and those always mess with my thoughts and emotions. But this is what I was thinking about...
The best part of a dancer... is it really their technique? I don't think it is. What do I think is the best quality in a dancer?
Perseverance. Really... Having the ability to keep pushing...
Dancers are always learning, always growing, always exploring, creating, and inspiring. If you aren't being persistent then you aren't willing to push to make yourself that much better, to want to get up every morning and do it all over again even after a day full of cuts and bruises.
Even when looking under the theology in dictionary.com it states
that perseverance is "continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation". now if that doesn't sound like what a dancer wants out of their life... then I don't know how they would want this lifestyle.
Life is Movement - Movement is Life.



No comments:

Post a Comment