Thursday, March 31, 2011

Be Inspired.

My favorite musician, Matt Nathanson, Tweeted this earlier today, its now my new favorite quote.

"Inspired by the fact that perfect is just never going to happen"
That is how I want to think from now on when I choreograph, teach, and dance myself. It's never going to be "Perfect" The dance is constantly growing, steps are molding into each other. Practice will always make better but by what definition is it perfect? There will always be the person who is an 8th of a second off from everyone else, the person who forgot section a repeated after section c, the four year old who waves at their mom and sucks their fingers instead of doing the dance on stage. Thats life... you can either make a big deal about it or you can brush it off and keep going. Be inspired by chaos, destruction, and inperfection... it is what makes things beautiful


2 comments: