Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I got a phonecall today..

and it was a job offer!! I mean we can't jump too much ahead of ourselves. for one- its in Chelmsford, almost an hour commute up 95, and two- as I said before I dont want to spend my entire life just teaching at a dance studio, I want to make a name for myself... but we've all got to start somewhere and I am going to need a job this fall while I keep looking for auditions and I would rather teach out of anything else. So, Monday I have a meeting with Silvia and we will discuss the fall of 2010 where I will be her new tap and hip hop teacher. Its exciting that I had given her my resume to be her stage manager for her recital in a few weeks, and she read it and asked if she could hire me for the fall. That in itself is def a compliment (thanks for all the nitpicking in the resume Marianne, I guess it really did pay off). I guess when we sit down and talk I'm going to have to tell her like it is... I want to be a performer, I want to be on a cruise ship or perhaps on Broadway (preferably a cruise) GAP commercials (a girl can dream) and touring with artists (a girl can really dream!) but you know what... if I can make money teaching dance instead of working at a restaurant then I am a happy camper for the time being!



No comments:

Post a Comment