Monday, June 7, 2010

sometimes I write...

...because I am horrible at talking to people. I just never say what I want to say when the time is right. Oh, but with a pen, with a pen I am a lethal weapon. So today when writing my thank you cards I kinda threw it out there. I couldn't help it!!

okay well that just makes it sound like I said something bad doesn't it? Maybe I should back track.

A few weeks ago, the morning after my grad party, I had a talk with someone who is really important to me. He was telling me how great it was for me to have a degree and now I should just go and do something with it. He also said something along the lines of him not having his. He never finished school... which is why we go into this post...

so tonight I wrote to him. We never really have serious talks. In fact that Sunday morning was the most serious talk we have ever had. He's the one I count on to make me smile or laugh and do something absolutely ridiculous with.. so I was slightly caught off guard, maybe not ready to say everything I wanted to say about the subject (especially because it 5 am, wheres my head around then huh?)
Tonight, I finally did. Well, at least on this subject (because believe me there are other subjects that I could and probably should get into with him) Tonight I told him.. Fuck it. So what? some people go to college at 18, some people go to college at 50. Yes I have this degree and I kind of know what I want to do with my life, but am I 100% sure I know what I want to be when I grow up? I know my field... but that's about it. And hey, I may even change my mind five years from now. What matters most is that you're happy and in time you will find your way. Maybe you know what you love and you just don't know how to achieve it yet, or maybe you just don't know what it is you really truly love (well, in an employment relationship I suppose)
Who says you have to know what you want to do with the rest of your life at 18? Why should you have to know?
I flat out told him.. he's 21, he's smart, talented, pretty damn fly, and when the time is right he'll know. He'll do big things one day. When he's ready.

After finishing, closing the card and stuffing it in the envelop I felt this weird sensation of just feeling better. Things I could not say for stupid reasons I can write and just let people know.


We'll both do big things one day ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment