Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day Two: Nine things about yourself.

I feel like this one is hard... I don't want to scare you all away.. but I don't want to give you really lame things like "my favorite color is orange" .. lets be serious who doesn't know that?

1. I had the same dog for 16 years and he was my very best friend. We were like Doug and Porkchop. I was by myself for most of my childhood, but I always had him. 3 years later and I still miss him, think I hear him barking at a car, smell him in the spot of my floor where he slept every night when my rug gets wet... I don't think I would be as loving a person I am if I didn't have that dog to love as much as I did and still do.

2. I lose everything!! and I really don't understand how it happens. I am fairly organized. I like the comfort of knowing that everything has a place (yes I know sometimes my stuff looks like its everywhere and gets crazy.. sometimes when I'm really busy and crazy in and out it turns into a lot of drop and go) but I can't seem to hold on to the simplest things. I am always losing and finding (and sometimes not finding =/) things.

3.I never give myself enough credit. I guess its the dancer in me but I always feel like I could try a little harder, do a little more, always room for improvement... I never seem to know when enough is good enough.

4. I really want to design and have my own home built one day. I know it is something that is in my wildest dreams.. but I would love it if I could have a space built the way I want it, as well as a fresh slate to just decorate it the way I envision it.. as apposed to the "well I guess we can work with this space." hm.. maybe one day.

5. My favorite flowers are Gerber Daisies. They make me happy.. extremely happy. I really love getting flowers. I know most people think they are lame because you spend money on them and then they die.. but I love them so much!!! Gerber Daisies just come in fantastic colors.. like bright orange =)

6. I can't decide what I want to do with my degree. Again.. I am overly ambitious. I love everything. I want to perform with this group and this company and in this show, I want to be a permanent fixture in a company, I want to own a company, .. I want to teach at a studio, I want to travel and teach master classes, I want to go back to school for dance, I want to go back to school for something else... I just want it all... it is a problem!

7. my favorite thing to do on a rainy day is to snuggle on the couch all day with a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate and watch movies. In general I just love snuggling, watching movies, and coffee... When there is an excuse to do all three at once, life is good.

8. I really like old things. I like to look at old photographs, I think clothing that has more of a vintage style fits better to my body type (were all the women in the 60's big bottomed? if so.. thanks for being that way!) I think retro furniture is really cool.. and I love vinyls as opposed to having a cd... well.. okay.. I like both.. but there is something about playing Jimi Hendrix on a vinyl that just sounds so much better than him being digital.

9. I wish my wallet allowed me to be more fashion forward. I like to be trendy.. I have many intentions to be very stylish.. my bank account doesn't agree. I've always said if I won the lottery the second thing I would do with the money (the first being pay off school) would be to get rid of at least 2/3rds of my clothes and start over again. It would be hard being as I do have a hard time parting with clothing but If I got the opportunity to spend a good 3+ grand on new clothes.. I think I can very easily bag up a good 4 bags for the good will!

No comments:

Post a Comment